Elyse’s Country Journal – November 28, 2013 – HarneyRE – Salisbury, CT
Salisbury and the surrounding communities of northwestern Connecticut offer a wide range of unparalleled opportunities. Please enjoy Elyse’s Country Journal, published weekly on Wednesday. Elyse’s hope is that it will help open up a new perspective of our area.
- The annual family skating party of Habitat for Humanity will be held at the Salisbury School Flood Rink on Friday, November 29, from 1:15 to 3 PM. The requested donation is $3 for adults, $2 for children. Hats are required and there are no sticks and pucks allowed.
- The Tri-State Chamber Regional Hometown Holidays 2013 with area tree lightings and parades of lights etc. will start with events on November 29 and continue through Sunday, December 8. For a detailed account of activities and events in each village, please check the COMPASS supplement of today’s Lakeville Journal or visit TriCornerNews.com.
- The Friends of the Scoville Library will hold their first-ever holiday sale on Saturday, December 7, from 10 AM to 1 PM at the library. The event is the last of four book sales held by the Friends in 2013 as part of it new approach to fundraising. The holiday sale will offer “books in all categories for both adults and children,” including coffee-table art and design books, barely-used fiction and nonfiction and a terrific group of books for children and young adults.” The holiday sale will be in the library’s Wardell Room and the stacks behind it. Enter from the library parking lot.
- The Salisbury Forum presents THE INTERNET OF EVERYTHING with David Kirkpatrick, author of bestselling “The Facebook Effect,” former senior editor at Fortune, journalist, media entrepreneur, and founder and CEO of Techonomy Media. Friday, December 6, at 7:30 PM at Salisbury School on Canaan Road in Salisbury. Free admission.
- Johnnycake Books invites you to the premiere reception and book signing for Robert Kipniss, Paintings and Poetry 1950-1964, on Saturday, November 30, from 4:30 to 6:30 PM. Author presentation and reading takes place at 5:30 at 12 Academy Street in Salisbury. Please also come to Johnnycake Books for its Thanksgiving Holiday Sale, November 22 to 30, 25% off all books at Johnnycake and 50% off all books in its annex in Academy Square.
- The Lakeside Holiday Ball will take place on December 14 at The Grove in Lakeville. “Two Guys in Suites and Ties” will perform with many special guest musicians. The suggested donation at the door is $10 to $20. Food and personal hygiene donations are welcome and will be donated to local food pantries. Hors d’oeuvre will be served. This is a BYOB event. All proceeds from the ball will benefit local charities.