Elyse’s Country Journal – Wednesday, July 3, 2013 – HarneyRE – Salisbury, CT
Salisbury and the surrounding communities of northwestern Connecticut offer a wide range of unparalleled opportunities. Please enjoy Elyse’s Country Journal, published weekly on Wednesday. Elyse’s hope is that it will help open up a new perspective of our area.
- Summer Portals is celebrating 10 years of concerts at The Hotchkiss School in Lakeville. The Concerts with a View, free to the public, will take place from June 24 to July 20. The 10th Anniversary Celebration takes place July 5 at 6 PM. All are welcome. For information regarding the concerts, go to email@example.com. or Hotchkissportals.org.
- All animal lovers! Come to the Opening of a new Pet Store in Millerton at 1 PM on Saturday, June 22. Swim, fly, crawl — Pet*topia has them all! Location is 17 North Center Street right in town. RIBBON CUTTING takes place at 1 PM. Pet*topia will be carrying live animals, food, toys, accessories — and services such as basic grooming, pet sitting, and educational experiences.
- On June 29 from 10 AM to 2 PM, the Friends of the Scoville Library will hold a book sale featuring fiction, biography, cookbooks, gardening books, great selections for children, and much more. Enter through Scoville Memorial Library Wardell Community Room adjacent to the library’s parking lot.
- Miscellaneous News from Gallery Arts Guild in Lakeville: If you haven’t had the opportunity to see their latest show Fauna & Flora, make sure you head over before July 14th! It is an amazing show featuring an array of talented artists who take their inspiration from nature. The show is as fun as it is diverse! They will be hosting a Summer poetry reading Thursday, June 27th at 6:30 PM. Everyone is welcome. They encourage participation and create a safe space for budding poets to exhibit their work, poetry lovers to share their favorites, or just listen. Gallery Arts Guild is proud to announce they have received non-profit status from the state of Connecticut. This puts them well on their way to serving their mission of creating a space dedicated to engaging the community and art as one. Lastly, don’t forget about the Open Your Eyes Studio Tour. This coming weekend, June 22 & 23. Gallery Arts Guild is committed to creating a space for local artists of all kinds to showcase their work in a setting that is dedicated to engaging the community at large. Open Thursday – Sunday, 11am – 4pm. Address: 342 Main Street, Lakeville, CT 06039. John Brett & Jane Strong, Co-Directors.
- SAVE THE DATE and Set Sail with Habitat! Wine & Beer Tasting to benefit Habitat for Humanity takes place Saturday, July 13, from 5:30 to 8:00 PM at the Boathouse at Salisbury School, Canaan Road in Salisbury.