Elyse’s Country Journal – July 11, 2013 – HarneyRE – Salisbury, CT
Salisbury and the surrounding communities of northwestern Connecticut offer a wide range of unparalleled opportunities. Please enjoy Elyse’s Country Journal, published weekly on Wednesday. Elyse’s hope is that it will help open up a new perspective of our area.
- FIREWORKS at LIME ROCK. Sponsored by the Salisbury Rotary Club Foundation and beautiful Lime Rock Park, this year’s annual fireworks extravaganza goes off at Lime Rock Park at 9 PM on Saturday, July 13 (rain date, Sunday, July 14, at 9 PM). Infield and outfield gates open at 6 PM, picnicking on site; refreshment stand open. All vehicles are $20 each regardless of number of passengers. No pets or personal fireworks. Dugway Road closed for the event.
- Habitat for Humanity of NW CT will conduct a wine and craft beer tasting (with appetizers from local food establishments) n Saturday, July 13, at Salisbury School Boathouse (Canaan Road) from 5:30 to 8 PM. Donation is $30 per person. David Bayersdorfer will auction vacation homes, sculpture, dinner parties, Camp Sloane camperships, and much more. For more information, visit habitatnwct.org.
- Saturday, July 13, at 6:30 PM, Music Mountain in Falls Village presents Vince Giordano and The Nighthawks, the finest of Big Band, Jazz & Swing, performed by these Grammy Award Winners. On Sunday, July 14, at 3 PM, the Penderecki String Quartet with Pamela Mia Paul at the piano, will play Warner, Dvorak, and Bartok. Buy your tickets online at musicmountain.org or call 860-824-7126.
- You are cordially invited to an Opening Artists’ Reception for the “Eye of the Beholder” exhibit on Saturday, July 20, 4-7 pm, in conjunction with Lakeville Gallery Night! Featuring an array of talented artists from the Berkshire, Litchfield and Catskill regions! Amongst them: Vivian Altman, Liz Mullins, Collin Culbreth. There will always be Fine Art, Fine Food & Music! Gallery Arts Guild is located at 342 Main Street in Lakeville. For more information, go to www.galleryartsguild.com
- The Northwest Music Association’s popular, free, Wednesday afternoon Baroque concerts held at Salisbury’s St. John’s Church, begin July 24 at 5 PM, continuing on July 31, August 7 and 14. The New England Baroque Soloists are all professional musicians with ties to well-regarded orchestras and ensembles throughout the Northeast. Typically, each concert lasts about one hour, after which the audience is invited to join the musicians for light refreshments in the lower parish hall of the church.