Elyse’s Country Journal – August 15, 2013 – HarneyRE – Salisbury, CT
Salisbury and the surrounding communities of northwestern Connecticut offer a wide range of unparalleled opportunities. Please enjoy Elyse’s Country Journal, published weekly on Wednesday. Elyse’s hope is that it will help open up a new perspective of our area.
- You are cordially invited to come watch the Artist at Work at Gallery Arts Guild, 342 Main Street in Lakeville on Friday, August 16, from 11 AM to 1 PM. Khurshed Bhumgara will be installing his sculpture Homage to CB-1 on the Gallery Arts Guild Lawn. Stop by to learn more about Khurshed’s inspiration! www.galleryartsguild.com.
- Next Saturday, August 24, at 4:30 PM, Vivian Altman will give an artist’s lecture, also at the Gallery Arts Guild. Vivian will share her knowledge, technique and inspiration!
- The Harney & Sons Factory is having a Summer Sale Event on August 17th from 8 AM to 1 PM. The address is 5723 Route 22, just south of Millerton, NY. There will be free iced tea for everyone! Teas, tea ware, and treats will be on sale; there will be factory tours, there will be a book signing, and there will be a Meet & Greet the Harney’s.
- Please feel welcome to see our new listing at 12 Mt. Greenery Road in Lakeville at a PUBLIC OPEN HOUSE, Saturday, August 17, from 11:30 AM to 1:30 PM. Mt. Greenery Road is off Route 44 West out of Lakeville (look for sign). The “House on a Hill” is a fully renovated 4-Bedroom, 5.5-Bath Colonial with all the best quality features, including central air, that you would expect for modern living, whether as a full-time family or weekend residents.
- SAVE THE DATE for the annual House Tour of Lakeville and Salisbury, sponsored by the Housatonic Child Care Center. It takes place Saturday, September 7 from 10 AM to 4 PM, and tickets are $45 in advance and $50 on the day of the tour. For more information, call Rita Delgado at 860-435-1277 or Marianne Ostendorf at 860-596-4088.
Award-winning author, New York Times journalist and Vanity Fair writer and contributing editor Henry Alford will speak at Noble Horizons on Thursday, September 12, at 7 PM. Alford’s book, “How to Live: A Search for Wisdom from Old People” — named by Publisher’s Weekly as a Best Book of the Year — will be the subject of his talk. Registration and more information are available at www.noblehorizons.org or 860-435-9851, ext. 190.