Along with Twitter”s donation of 1 Million and our contributions “Sunflower of Peace” is up to $4.4 million as of yesterday!
Their goal on February 26th was to raise $300k. Yes, they hired a CFO and Treasurer… they had to! They were overwhelmed.
They called us to thank us for all our community effort. We are their partners to help the orphans, children, and refugees who need help both in Ukraine and in Poland. Our next focus after tactical backpacks and medicines will be a direct help with children.
Jack Dorsey’s $1 million donations are going to the following organizations:
– Nova Ukraine … a humanitarian aid workgroup on the ground in Ukraine since 2014, run by a group of Silicon Valley-based Ukrainians who work in the tech industry
– CARE … a crisis fund providing food, water, hygiene kits, and more to 4 million Ukrainians, with an emphasis on women, families, and the elderly
– World Central Kitchen … a collection of chefs and others serving thousands of fresh meals to Ukrainians
– Sunflower of Peace … a group distributing first-aid kits, medicine, and medical instruments to paramedics and doctors in war-torn areas of Ukraine
– Razom … crisis relief workers providing life-saving medical supplies and humanitarian aid and helping Ukraine rebuild
– Mery Corps … a global team of humanitarians providing emergency cash assistance and connecting people on the move with information, like where to access basic services and find safe routes in Ukraine, Romania, and Poland
-GlobalGiving … a crisis relief fund supporting humanitarian assistance in impacted communities in Ukraine and surrounding regions where refugees are fleeing