Elyse’s Country Journal – December 12, 2013 – HarneyRE – Salisbury, CT
Salisbury and the surrounding communities of northwestern Connecticut offer a wide range of unparalleled opportunities. Please enjoy Elyse’s Country Journal, published weekly on Wednesday. Elyse’s hope is that it will help open up a new perspective of our area.
- Celebrate Christmas in Connecticut! DIVA DU JOUR, with Wanda L. Houston, Michael Berkeley & Friends, on Saturday, December 14, at 5 PM – one night only. Venue: The Center on Main, 103 Main Street in Falls Village. Tickets are $20 in advance, $25 at the door. FMI: visit www.MBDIVAS.com or call 917-525-3482.
- Featured at The White Gallery: The 2013-2014 Artful Season, introducing Emma Kindall, Nick Savides, Ricky Bernstein. Show runs from December 13 to February 9. Artist’s Reception takes place December 14th from 12 noon to 6 PM with an Open House, Holiday Party, Holiday Refreshments, Music.
- The Lakeside Holiday Ball will take place on December 14 at The Grove in Lakeville. “Two Guys in Suites and Ties” will perform with many special guest musicians. The suggested donation at the door is $10 to $20. Food and personal hygiene donations are welcome and will be donated to local food pantries. Hors d’oeuvre will be served. This is a BYOB event. All proceeds from the ball will benefit local charities.
- St. John’s Episcopal Church in Salisbury will hold a candlelit service of healing with Taize music, prayers and the laying on of hands for those who choose. All are welcome. It will be held Friday, December 13, at 6 pm.
- Trinity Church of Lime Rock will hold an Advent Quiet Morning on Saturday, December 14, from 9 AM to noon. A light breakfast will be served. Susanna Schindler will lead this free program of relaxation and meditation activities. Call 860-435-2627 for more information and to register for the event.