Elyse’s Country Journal – June 6, 2013 – HarneyRE – Salisbury, CT
Salisbury and the surrounding communities of northwestern Connecticut offer a wide range of unparalleled opportunities. Please enjoy Elyse’s Country Journal, published weekly on Wednesday. Elyse’s hope is that it will help open up a new perspective of our area.
- “The Way you Wear Your Hat”. TriArts Sharon Playhouse presents Gershwin tunes on Friday, June 7 and Saturday, June 8, at 8 PM and Sunday, June 9, at 5 PM. The playhouse is located at 49 Amenia Road in Sharon.
- Music students from all over the Northwest Corner are expected to perform at the Housatonic Youth Service Bureau’s fifth annual Music on the Mountain fundraiser/recital on Saturday, June 8. The 1 PM concert is sponsored by a grant from the Arts Fund for Region One, with major underwriting provided by Salisbury Bank & Trust. The concert will highlight talents of young students along with more seasoned post-graduates and some special guests. Proceeds from the event will support the programs and services of HYSB. Tickets for the concert may be purchased in advance or at the door for $15. Youth/seniors are $8 and the family maximum is $35. Concert goeers are invited for nonalcoholic refreshments and hors d’oeuvre after the performance. For information, contact HYSB at 860-824-4720 or go to www.hysb.org.
- Fire engines, cement trucks, tractors and more will park on the lawn of the Housatonic Child Care Center on Sunday, June 9, from 10 AM to 2 PM for children (and their parents) to explore and climb on. The big rig and vendor fair is in its fourth year as a fundraiser for the child care center. While the focus of the event will be on the large equipment, there will also be face painting, and games such as a ring toss that will be set up by the teachers at the childcare center. Food sales will be provided by the Lakeville Hose Company. For the adults, there will be several vendors with products for sale. Admission is $5, and in the event of rain, the fair will still be held.
- This coming Saturday, June 8th, at 4 PM, is the season finale of All Choirs – Trinity Benefit Concert. It’s their traditional season-end retrospective with ALL FIVE CHOIRS! The best of their musical season comfortably packed for your ears’ pleasure and benefiting a great cause, the Trinity Episcopal Church. It’s sure to be a wonderful afternoon! Tickets are $15 priority seating and $10 open seating, with children under 12 free. Trinity Church will be sponsoring a small reception immediately following the concert.
- SAVE THE DATE and Set Sail with Habitat! Wine & Beer Tasting to benefit Habitat for Humanity takes place Saturday, July 13, from 5:30 to 8:00 PM at the Boathouse at Salisbury School, Canaan Road in Salisbury.