(860) 435-2200

Horses drank from the Salisbury Kettles

January 15th, 2015

There were at one time three stone watering kettles in Salisbury, all carved by John Garrity out of stone from Spurr’s Marble Quarry off Cleaveland Street in Lakeville.

The stone kettle at the corner of Wells Hill Road and Old Asylum Road is dated 1896 and served the water needs of the horses who came to race at the Wells Hill Driving Park.

The Lakeville Journal:  Click Here to read the full article

Share This

The Tri-State Region's Ambassadors for over 3 decades

11 East Main Street
Salisbury, Connecticut 
p: 860-435-2200
f: 860-435-2724
Email Here

36 Main Street
Millerton, New York 
p: 518-789-8800
f: 518-789-8804
Email Here

22 Maple Avenue
Norfolk, Connecticut 
p: 860-542-5500
f: 860-542-5048
Email Here

9 Barnes Road
Falls Village, Connecticut
p: 860-824-0027
f: 860-453-4252
Email Here

440 East River Road
Riverton, Connecticut 
p: 860-738-0285
Email Here

The Tri-State Region's Ambassadors